The last thing you want to deal with when it comes to your roof is shingle blow-off. Shingle blow-off can lead to a whole host of problems such as water damage, structural damage and even mold growth. In this blog post, premier roofers take a look at the causes of shingle blow-offs and how you can prevent them from happening in the first place.
Common Causes of Shingle Blow-Off and How to Prevent It
Shingle blow-off can be caused by a number of different factors. These include:
- Poor Installation. Poor installation can be a major contributor to shingle blow-off. Make sure that your contractor is experienced and qualified when it comes to roofing work. Check their references and see if they are licensed in Austin, TX, before you hire them for any job.
- Poor Quality Shingles. If the shingles you choose for your roof are of poor quality, it can greatly increase the chances of shingle blow-off. Make sure to purchase high-quality shingles from a reputable manufacturer and make sure they have been properly tested before installation.
- Improper Nailing. If the shingles are not properly secured, it can cause them to come loose and blow off in high winds. Make sure that your roofing contractor is using the proper size and type of nails when installing your shingles.
- Poor Ventilation. Poor ventilation can also lead to shingle blow-off. Your roof should have adequate ventilation so that heat and moisture do not build up and cause the shingles to become loose.
- Improper Flashing. Improper flashing is another culprit behind shingle blow-off. Confirm whether your contractor is using the proper type and size of flashing when installing your roof.
Call Willi Roofing Services for Roof Replacement in Austin, TX
Shingle blow-off can be a major problem if it is not prevented or fixed in a timely manner. For roof replacement and emergency roof repair services, get in touch with Willi Roofing Services in Austin, TX. Just give us a call at (512) 394-8234 or fill our our online form for a free consultation.