Throughout the year, your home will see the transition of seasons, the fluctuating temperatures, and the shifting weather conditions, but one thing shouldn’t change: the seamless performance of your siding.
The siding acts as a protective outer layer for the walls of your home. This means it’s in a constant struggle against extreme heat, unforgiving winds, and heavy rains brought about by the ever-changing seasons. Is your siding in tip-top condition to protect your home against the fickle weather?
Here are suggested action plans for different seasons:
Winter and Fall
Though it rarely ever snows here in Austin and the surrounding areas, it’s still important to get your siding ready when the temperature starts to drop.
- Inspection. Scan the surface for rotting boards. Take note of cracked, loose, or damaged siding, as these often mean there’s a rotting wall underneath. Ask the help of siding contractors in Austin TX and surrounding areas to get rid of rotten boards and walls.
- Insulation. Check for failed caulking and re-apply where it is needed. If you have vinyl siding, make sure a waterproof barrier is installed under the siding to prevent water from seeping in and fostering mold growth.
Spring and Summer
Take advantage of abundant sunshine and clear skies to clean your siding and schedule repair work.
- Cleanup. Add a siding power-wash to your yearly spring cleaning chores. Give the boards a good scrub with water and trisodium phosphate (TSP) solution to remove grime, molds, and mildew.
- Repair. Don’t confine thorough inspection to fall or winter. Call in professional contractors to give their assessment on the actual condition of your siding. Get their expert opinion on what fixes to make and how to go about them.
- Replacement. It’s when there’s a good deal of natural light outdoors that you’re able to see just how much damage the siding has accumulated throughout the year. It can’t be helped that sometimes it’s already damaged beyond repair. The good news is there’s a wide selection of siding options available on the market. They come in a variety of colors, materials, and textures so you’re sure to find one that will perfectly suit your home.
Here at Willi Roofing Services, we help equip your home with a siding that can withstand fluctuating temperatures, shifting seasons, and changing weather conditions. We are your premier provider of high quality repair and installation service for your Austin Texas siding.
We work with James Hardie siding, the best on the market today. We back our services with manufacturer warranties as well as workmanship guarantees – that’s how much we trust our work, and why you should, too. Give us a call today to learn more about siding quality that never changes, even if seasons do.